Use Regulations and Exemptions
The following Use Regulations (hereinafter referred to as “Regulations”) prescribe the basic Terms and Conditions relating to Sketch Piston Park (hereinafter, “Service”) provided by Team Lab Inc., (hereinafter, “Company”). Users of Service (hereinafter, “Users”) shall ensure that they thoroughly read these Regulations prior to using Service.
The Company shall deem Users to have accepted the content of these Regulations upon the commencement of use. In the event these Regulations are amended, either in whole or in part, due to any future enhancements or modifications, etc., of Service, the Company shall provide notification of such amendments through the Company website.
In addition, the Company shall deem Users to have accepted any amendments made to these Regulations by the use of Service following such amendments.
- Amendments to these Use Regulations
- Deletion of Inappropriate Posts
- Prohibited Items
- Legal Compliance
- Modification of Company Services
- Termination of Access to Company Services
- Information Exemption Terms and Conditions and Discarding Warrantee
- Limitation of Liability
- Exclusivity of these Use Regulations
- Laws applicable to Interpretation and Disputes
- Severability of these Use Regulations
1. Amendments to these Use Regulations
The Company may amend these Regulations at its sole discretion. In the event these Regulations are amended, the relevant amended Use Regulations shall be entered on the website that provides Service. In the event Users continue to use Service following the entry of the amended Use Regulations, all users shall be deemed to have agreed to such amendments.
2. Deletion of Inappropriate Posts
Users agree in advance that the determination and treatment of inappropriate posts on Service shall be handled on the operations side
In the event a post is determined inappropriate, Users agree in advance that the operations side may delete such post and the relevant web page not be displayed.
3. Prohibited Items
Users must not perform the following acts when using Service.
- Acts that breach the law or acts that aid and abet, solicit, coerce or assist such acts
- Acts that put an excessive burden on the server that operates and provides Service
- Acts that disrupt the operation of Service and other acts determined to be inappropriate by the Company
- Acts that disrupt the use of Service for other Users
- Pre-election activities, election activities or other similar acts
- Acts that infringe the good name, social reputation, privacy, portrait rights, publicity rights, copyright or other intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties
- Acts that amount to libel, threats or abuse towards other Users
- Discriminatory expressions regarding ethnicity, religion, gender or age, etc
- Acts that solicit, incite or assist suicide, group suicide, illegal use of drugs or use of drugs in circumvention of the law, etc
- Acts that induce encounters, etc., for the purpose of sex or indecent acts
- Expressions of a sexual, indecent or violent nature or other acts that may cause excessive unpleasantness
- Posting links to child prostitution, pornography or un-cut video download websites, etc
- Sales activities, auction activities, money payments or other similar acts not approved by the Company
- Acts that publically disclose profile content for product advertisements or advertising purposes or other acts for the purpose of incitement such as spam mail or chain mail that are not approved by the Company
- Fraudulent acts that use the names of third parties or other organization names or IDs such as company names
- Act that breach public morals or common sense
- Acts equivalent to the above
4. Legal Compliance
Although Service is a Sketch Piston Park posting website, posts that are deemed inappropriate may be deleted on the operations side.
In such an event, Users agree in advance that the relevant webpage may not be displayed and the determination of the appropriateness of a particular post shall be left to the discretion of the operations side.
5. Modification of Company Services
The Company retains the right to modify, temporarily suspend or abolish Company services (or in part) without prior notice.
Users agree that the Company shall not be liable for damage to any Users or third parties as a result of the modification, temporary suspension or abolishment of Company services.
6. Termination of Access to Company Services
The Company may temporarily or permanently deny Users access to Company services regardless of the reason and at the sole discretion of the Company.
Such reasons may include the determination by the Company of insufficient use, breach of the content or policies contained in these Regulations or the failure to comply with such (included but not limited to similar acts).
Users agree that the Company may deny access to Company services without prior notice.
In addition, in the event a User is denied access, Users agree that they will not be able to access their personal information.
Furthermore, Users agree that the Company shall not be liable for any damage, either tangible or intangible, incurred by any User or third party whatsoever as a result of the cancellation or denial of access to Company services.
7. Information Exemption Terms and Conditions and Discarding Warrantee
Upon the use of Service by Users, the Company cannot guarantee the accuracy, legality, morality, currency, etc., of information contained on Service.
The Company shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damage whatsoever caused by the use or inability to use Service or the use of links or inability to use links from Service.
The Company shall be exempt from claims, litigation or any other legal action initiated by Users even in the event of a breach of any of the Terms and Conditions of these Use Regulations and Exemptions by a User or other Users.
The Company shall be exempt from any disputes with Users regarding telecommunication costs incurred through the use of Service.
Users agree to indemnify the Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, management, employees and agents against the legal liability, loss, compensation, demands, disputes, damage, appropriate legal costs and court costs arising from the following and further agree that the Company shall be exempt from such matters.
- Content submitted from Users or accounts of Users
- The use or reliance on Company services
- Connection to Service
- Breach of these Regulations
- Infringement of the rights of other relevant persons
8. Limitation of Liability
Users acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any damage.
In addition, the Company shall not be liable whatsoever for breach of contract, tort or any theoretical liability arising from any of the following.
- The use or inability to use Company services
- Procurement costs for alternative services, products or websites
- Unauthorized access or transfer or falsification of data by Users
- Statements or actions by third parties on Service
- Other matters relating to Service or Company services
Liability limitations such as the above shall be applicable to the Company whether or not the Company has been informed of the possibility of such damage being caused or whether or not any limited remedies known as essential purposes have been achieved.
Some of the above exemptions may not apply in some legal systems applicable to particular individual disputes.
9. Exclusivity of these Use Regulations
All prior agreements (including member regulations and similar regulations applicable to Service or Company services) executed by Users and the Company are void.
10. Laws applicable to Interpretation and Disputes
These Regulations and the relationship between Users and the Company shall be governed by the laws of Japan. Users agree that all disputes relating to these Regulations and other disputes that arise between Users and the Company shall be determined by the Tokyo District Court as the exclusive agreed jurisdiction of first instance.
In addition, Users agree that these Regulations shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan.
11. Severability of these Use Regulations
In the event a court of law determines a part of these exemption Terms and Conditions to be void, Users and the Company agree to make their utmost efforts to realize the intentions of the parties reflected in such Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions of these Regulations shall remain completely effective.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding these exemptions or the Company website.
Treatment of Personal Information
Team Lab Inc (hereinafter, “Company”) have prescribed substantive rules regarding the appropriate collection, standards of use and operation of personal information in order to provide a beneficial service for users. Furthermore, the Company will appropriately handle the personal information of users as an important asset.
The Company will comply with the Act concerning the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant legislation.
The Company will appoint a personal information protection supervisor, check whether personal information is being appropriately handled in accordance with the rules and constantly resolve problems when they occur.
The Company will maintain the accuracy of personal information and implement technical safety measures in order to ensure users are not inconvenienced by problems such as external leaks and illegal falsification of personal information.
Scope of Applicability
These Policies shall apply when users use services provided by the Company.
Since the Company cannot be liable for personal information remaining as a result of the use of advertising and search result websites transferred from services provided by the Company, such personal information will be beyond the scope of these Policies.
Purpose of Use
The Company will specify and disclose the purpose of using personal information and will not use personal information for any other purposes.
Acquired personal information shall be used for the following purposes.
- Providing and operating services provided by the Company
- Receiving and replying to questions
- Introducing campaigns and new functions, etc., relating to services provided by the Company
- Distributing prizes such as presents
- Providing necessary instructions such as maintenance and important announcements
- Collecting, analyzing and creating statistical documentation relating to the attributes of personal information (statistical documentation refers to information processed without identifying or specifying individuals. This may be used or processed in order to perform work such as the development of new services. In addition, statistical documentation may be provided to business partners)
- Providing information relating to services of sponsor companies and business partner companies in the Company’s advertising business (business partner companies refer to partner companies, affiliates and subsidiaries that jointly provide services)
- Determining persons who breach these Use Regulations and blocking access
- Improving convenience by customizing advertising and content for each user on services
- Allowing users to view, change, delete and check their use status of registered information.
Provision to Third Parties
In the event personal information is disclosed or provided to any third parties, the Company will execute a contract with the relevant third party that imposes confidentiality obligations.
However, except in the following situations.
- If required by legislation, civil law, If required for the protection of life, person or property and the approval of the relevant individual is difficult to obtain
- administrative orders, determinations, etc
- If required for the improvement of public health or the promotion of a healthy upbringing of children and the approval of the relevant individual is difficult to obtain
- If required by the provisions of legislation, if approval has been obtained by the relevant individual and if it is obvious that the relevant individual anticipates the provision to a specific third party
In the event the Company and a company that has executed a business partnership agreement with the Company jointly provides services (not limited to the Sketch Piston Park website. Hereinafter, “Joint Services”) and users use Joint Services, personal information will be used jointly with such companies that provide Joint Services to the minimum extent necessary for the provision of Joint Services.
The Company may consign work (including the handling of personal information within the necessary scope for the provision of services) to a consignee.
In such an event, such consignee will be contractually obliged not to leak or re-supply personal information and the Company will monitor such consignee.
Personal information of users (e-mail address) obtained by the Company through services may be viewed, changed or deleted, etc., by users through services within the scope that does not disrupt the use by the Company.
If you require disclosure, etc., other than the above, please contact the inquiries section.
The Company will appropriately operate services according to law and other regulations in order to prevent the leak, etc., of personal information and appropriately respond to deletion requests pursuant to the Act on the Limitation of the Liability of Providers. However, the Company shall be exempt for issues arising from the acquisition of personal information by third parties in the event of the following.
- If users disclose personal information to other users using functions on services or other means
- If unexpectedly a user cannot be identified due to information being entered on service by another user (however, the Company will appropriately respond to deletion requests pursuant to the Act on the Limitation of the Liability of Providers)
- If other accidents occur such as leaks caused regardless of the absence of an intentional act or gross negligence on the party of the Company
In the event a user does not provide the latest or accurate information the relevant user may not be able to receive the appropriate services.
An inquiries section has been established for users to inquire about the treatment of personal information.